Community Information Substitute
Job Title: Community Information Substitute
Classification: Associate Substitute
Starting Rate: $15.98 per hour Pay Grade: 14
Location / Department: Xenia / Community Information
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
Employment Status: Substitute
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: As needed, variable
To promote the mission and values of the Greene County Public Library. To carry out objectives and goals of the strategic plan to better serve the community. To provide support for Community Information Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs print material for publicity, using design software, under the guidance of the Communications Coordinator.
- Edits print material for content and style.
- May assist with special events and programs.
- The supervisor may require other related duties. These duties are nonessential functions of this position.
- Keeps abreast of information by regularly reading email, meeting minutes and staff website.
- Performs tasks of lower level classifications as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Shows tact and courtesy in relations with the public and other staff members.
- Ability to communicate clearly and read printed and on-screen information.
- Proven computers skills and ability to design publicity materials, using design software.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and handle difficult situations.
- Ability to handle routine problems under the guidance of supervisor and keep supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university required; Library experience preferred.
- Software design experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office-like setting, but with need for considerable mobility: light lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, and sitting at a variety of desks and service points.
- Employee may be scheduled to work evening and weekend hours, including Sundays; schedules may be altered depending on the needs of the library.
This substitute position is not eligible for additional benefits.